Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Week 6, Window Light Portrait

I wanted to post these now so I would have time for some redos and add ons before class ends. I have been experimenting with the window light portraits for the last few weeks. But the sun was always too bright or I was unsure how to position the subject for the best light. The video that is posted on the syllabus is really good and helped me out quite a bit in figuring out correct positioning in relation to the window and maximizing the natural light. I'm lucky to have my two daughters to help me for these assignments. But you'll see mostly photos of the older one, because the younger one is not quite as patient with mom since it takes me a while to get what I'm happy with. ha.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful light... a perfectly "fried egg"... I appreciate your discussion of how you did this at the top too! I like the bottom one better than the top one as her face is turned ever so slightly more to the camera.. see how her left eye defines that side of the contour of her face? That's usually something to avoid.

    The middle one has that splash of sunlight on her right shoulder, taking the viewer's eye away from the focal point, which are her eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I see what you mean about the top and middle ones. I'm going to try some more. Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete