Sunday, July 3, 2016

By the Sea, Week 3

For this week's assignment, I went to Harvey's Beach in Old Saybrook. It is my favorite beach because it is very quaint and charming, and when the tide is low, there are sprawling sandbars to explore which I thought would make for some interesting photographs. In an attempt to get to the beach before the 4th of July weekend crowd, and make use of low tide which began around 4am, I pulled my family out of bed on Friday morning at 5am before work and headed out. By the time we actually got there it was closer to 7am and the sandbars were covered. But... the tide was not high enough to cover all the "sea treasures" scattered all over the shore. I tried to keep in mind focal point and light when editing, which for me is a work in progress. Here is what I came up with for this week's assignment.




4 comments:

  1. Leah - your pictures are wonderful. I love the detail in the bubbles. I think early morning light is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that third picture is crazy!!! love all the textures and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Leah! Just what I had hoped for. The early light is so much better to work with (or the later light) than when the sun is high in the sky. Your attention to detail with its attendant texture, composition, light and complete world is the main point of this assignment.

    I like them all but find the bottom one to be the most intriguing with the strong one point perspective and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pictures Leah...The bottom one is really gorgeous I love the colors as well. great job

    ReplyDelete