Sunday, July 10, 2016

Week 4: Shadows and Light!

This is my favorite from this week. My camera has a cool feature to only pick up certain colors. I have a vase on the coffee table in my living room. It made the surrounding area black and white and focused on the blues. The shadow in the glass also showed up! 
Pets are not the easiest thing to photograph, but I wanted my dogs silhouette. I edited the image, lowered the exposure and boosted the shadows! 
When I got home from work the other night, this giant beetle was sitting on the numbers in front of my house! I captured the shadows of the siding, numbers, and the bug under my outdoor light next to my front door.  I find I got the BEST shadows late at night with an intense light.

3 comments:

  1. Nice shots!!! I love how that blue just reflects so strongly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great... It is all about perceiving the subtleties of how light is present and expressive....

    ReplyDelete