Sunday, June 26, 2016

Week Two: Downtown!

                                                                
For this week's assignment, because I do not live in a urban area, I went to the center of Cheshire and began photographing at an old watch factory with two of my best friends.

For this picture, I wanted a new perspective on an every day object. At an outdoor cafe, I stood on a balcony and captured these beautiful hanging lights. I then edited the photos and increased the contrast and brought down the exposure. I wanted my dark colors darker and light colors lighter. 

For this photo, I was once again was standing on a balcony and wanted an interesting angle capturing a couple different elements in one. I increased the saturation to make the colors more rich!
For this final photograph, I went to the bottom of the stairwell and knelt down tilting the camera upwards. The sun light up the staircase which I fell in love with! I once again increase the saturation and brightness and it gave the stairs an interesting green tint!

3 comments:

  1. These are really great pictures. I really like the colorful flower bed and the black and white room with the lights. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great! really enjoy your angles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Aly.... thanks for annotating your pictures with some commentary... that helps me look into your thinking process. I find the blast of light at the top of the stairwell to be a very interesting. I appreciate how you framed it and thought about editing. You could pick up the highlights a little bit in the top picture by moving the highlight slider in levels of bit to the left... take a look at the video I just posted for more on that.

    You are off to a good start... keep going!

    ReplyDelete