Thursday, June 9, 2016

How the Class Runs... Distilled

I received this question from one of the students and here is how the class runs...



I am very confused on how this class is functioning. Can you please give me some type of better direction.



1. Take 50 pictures each week using the guidelines in the syllabus... one week is geometry and downtown, another is close ups, another is the beach, etc.

2. Learn to edit the pictures using Photoshop.  Edit for light, focal point, contrast, color balance, etc.  I made videos showing how to do that.

3.  Post your best 2 or 3 pictures to the class blog (which is the classroom) each week by Sunday night.  (even in the middle of the night if you are up)  Monday morning I review everything posted for the prior week, make comments and take attendance.

4.  Put your best edited work for the week, 6-10 images in Google Drive and share the folder with me (jnevins@albertus.edu) If you need me to, I could make a video on how to do that.

5.  Create a separate folder within  that folder to act as a repository for all of the pictures you shot for that week... all 50 or more....

6.  Grades are based on being present with your work each week and taking time to go shooting each week as well as the quality of what you are doing.

Thanks for writing and asking.  Please write back more if you have any other questions!

Best Wishes,

Jerry Nevins

No comments:

Post a Comment