Saturday, June 25, 2016

Week 2. Urban or town, shapes, patterns, light.

It is normal for me to go out and take pictures but I had never really thought of how important light is in terms of giving feeling to the image. So keeping that in mind as I was looking for things to shoot made the experience fun and fresh. I had a couple of magical moments when I changed my position and the light, for a second, seemed to fall just right. That was exciting. I'm not sure if I captured those moments, but it gave me something to strive for. I went on two photo shoots, one in downtown Meriden, which has more of an urban vibe and one in Southington, where I focused on the town feel.




4 comments:

  1. Great Leah... My favorite one is the bottom one of the door... The reason is because no sky is peeking through. Unless a picture is about the sky, it is generally best to avoid incouding it in the shot as the amount of light in the sky is usually too much and just becomes a blank white area of the image that is distracting.See how the upper right corner of sky distracts the viewers attention from the focal point, which is the girl in the one above it? The rich tones of the door are gorgeous in B and W... I love the light striking the building in the top one... but I would have eliminated the sky again... The structure of the bars is striking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the feedback! I see what you mean about the sky... I will keep that in mind as I continue to work on my edits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures. The girl in the photo looks so angelic! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are really beautiful. Like Jamie said the little girl looks angelic. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete