Sunday, June 19, 2016

Week 1 - Introduction and Creative Self-Portrait

Hi, my name is Jaimie Stone and this is my third mod at Albertus. I am majoring in Psychology with an Art Therapy focus. I am married and have a daughter Hannah, who will be sixteen in August. She is an ice hockey goalie and plays for Westminster School in Simsbury. I am incredibly proud of the woman that she is becoming. Hannah and I are both scheduled to graduate in 2018 which is pretty incredible. We live in Killingworth and absolutely love it. We are somewhat removed from the rest of the world but enjoy our little "taste of Vermont" when getting home from a long day. It is serene. I have taken a digital photography class before but I think I may have lost a good amount of my skills. I look forward to getting reacquainted. I decided to take a few shots of my reflection in my husband's car. I should have done it on a day that wasn't so hot because I may have scorched my tush a little, but it was worth it. I like the way they came out. You can almost see how hot it was in the picture. The third picture is taken with a tripod. I decided to take a picture of me shooting a video - It is interesting and slightly creative. My fourth picture is using my iphone which I edited in the photoshop app on my phone. I know that it is somewhat of a "straight selfie" but this was taken while waiting for my daughter to get out of a hockey lesson... story of my life and I wouldn't change it for the world.








4 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie... Excellent start... ! Welcome to class and these are all in the right spirit of discovery... I like them all...

    I have two sons, 36, a graphic designer for Disney and 33, an air traffic dispatcher...

    Great to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love number 3! That is a very cool looking camera... What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete